we never overload servers
We have high-end servers, a low number of customers per server, and 50% less fat, for guaranteed speed.
absolutely no outsourced support
We don't just hire a couple of customer support reps from the other side of the world that we don't even know, who know nothing about ColorHost. Our team knows us, and they know how to help you.
we donít have any gimmicks
No hidden fees, no automatic charges, no misleading information. We pride ourselves in not being one of those companies who tricks people into giving us more of their money.
Terms of Service
Permission to Host Your Content For us to host your website, it is necessary for you to upload your content to our servers. When you do this uploading, you are creating one or more copies of your content on our system. By purchasing hosting services from us, you acknowledge that these copies are being made, and give us the permission (a license) to maintain these copies and make them available to users of the Internet. You are solely responsible for providing all of the content and other data that make up your website.
Acceptable Use/Illegal Activity Color Host strives to maintain a high-level of service, and a lot of customers depend on our high standards of quality. As such, we will not provide services to those that are using our services for:
* Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card "phishing" techniques are also prohibited. * Hosting of files or other data that infringes on another's copyright or other intellectual property rights. * Spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort. * Uploading or linking to any content that violates another's right of publicity or privacy. * Distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libelous and defamatory. * Hosting, storing, or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified. * Hosting large amounts of data not specifically tied ("linked") to your hosting account. Color Host Ltd. encourages users looking for file storage/backup solutions to seek other services that specialize in this.
Examples of unacceptable material on Are servers include:
- Illegal use, according to U.S. and international laws.
- Threatening Material
- Fraudulent Content
- Forgery or Impersonation
- Unsolicited Content
- Copyright Infringements
- Collection of Private Data (Unless DPA Registered)
- IRC Networks (Including all IRC Material)
- Peer to Peer software
- Any Adult Content
- Proxy scripts
- File hosting/data warehousing
- Sites without index pages and/or sites without publicly visible index pages
ColorHost Does not refund on Yearly Purchases, Only monthly purchases. We also reserve the right to give half or partial refunds as we see fit for products. We also do not refund products after 5 days of the purchase date.
If your abusing staff, we also reserve the right to suspend or terminate the service you have, treat others how you would like to be treated.
User may not:
- Use 25% or more of system resources for longer than 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes
- When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
Refusal of Service We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion.
- Reseller Cannot give out Free accounts (Only Post-To-Host or Paid)
- Resellers may not used Nulled Scripts (Example:WHMCS,ClientExec,Ipanel)
- Hosting abusive accounts, 3 warnings then your account gets suspended and you need to pay an activation fee of 10$.
Misuse Of Resources: Including but not limited to employing applications which consume excessive CPU time, memory or storage space. Chat/IRC/Shout Box, web proxy, paid to click and mailing list scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. Streaming media, audio, video and shout cast(shout cast only allowed on Shout cast plans, this applies to shared hosting server) can be a drain on web server resources and as such is not allowed. Image hosting where our servers are used to store and serve images. Busy message forums and game / gamers sites are often found to use excessive system resources. The use of web cam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden. No site may use a high percentage of CPU or Memory (10%+) usage.
ShoutCast Customers Rules a Regulations: Shoutcast customer can be disabled at anytime if found to be abusing tons of server RAM and or CPU, We have to right to charge a fee of $10 To reinstate radio if this happens. AutoDJ customers radios will run 24/7 under some conditions: if the radio is found to take up 10% of CPU while under AutoDJ we reserve the right to suspend, and charge the fee above.
Customer Data lost/Corruption: We can not be held responsible for any data lost or corrupted apon any server mishap, We always warn clients to keep constant copies of there site backed up in case of emergencies.
OpenVZ Minecraft Rules a regulations: Minecraft is NOT permitted on our OpenVZ servers as of (8/24/11) Any Minecraft server running before this rule was in effect is okay to run there server.
THIS TOS CAN BE UPDATED OFTEN, SO CHECK BACK. (Revised:August,24th 2011.)